Hard drive failure is the reality to prepare for. In the long run, you will have to face the certainty that all hard drives fail no matter how cautious you have been. Imagine what would happen if the drive fails and you lost all of your family photos, critical office data, and your work portfolio? To prevent the data loss from a hard drive failure, our response is the ICYRaid enclosure to make the user experience of creating a physical backup (RAID array) a very pleasant one. The ICYRaid series MB662U3-2S packs the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface, tray-less drive installation design, easy to setup process, and an advanced cooling system - all these great features in a small, yet elegant enclosure that can be taken where you go as a professional media storage device.
- Model Number : MB662U3-2S
- Color : White with silver aluminum body
- Host Interface : USB3.0 (Backwards compatible with USB 2.0)
- Drive Fit : 2 x 3.5in. SATA I, II & III HDD
- Drive Type : Standalone with horizontal or vertical positioning
Transfer Rate :
Up to 5Gb/sec via USB 3.0
Up to 480Mb/sec via USB 2.0
- Power Supply : 12V/2A Power Adapter
- RAID Modes : RAID 1 (SAFE), RAID 0 (FAST), BIG & JBOD
- RAID Setting : Horizontal slide switch
- Support HDD Capacity : Up to 6TB per drive slot
- Structure : Aluminum Body with Partial plastic
- Drive Cooling : 40mm Quiet Sunon MAGLev Cooling Fan with Adjustable Fan Speed Control & Aluminum Body Heat Dispersion
- Drive Status Indication : LED Located on front panel
- HDD Idling Indication : LED off
- HDD Access Indication : Flashing White LED
- RAID 1 Rebuilding Indication : Solid White LED
- RAID Verifying or Confirmation Indication : Flashing white LED then turn off
- Empty Bay / HDD Failure
- Indication : Solid red LED
- Compatibility : Windows XP/ 2003/ Vista/ 7/ 8, Mac OS 10.2.8 & higher
- Dimension (L x W x H) : 8.07 x 5.28 x 2.4 in
- Weight : 1.83 lbs.
User Friendly Design
The ICYRaid is a self contained hardware dual bay RAID enclosure that operates independent of your computer. Along with an easy to use control panel, setting up the device is a simple thing to do. By using the rear control panel, the MB662U3-2S can be used to create various RAID arrays such as: RAID 1(SAFE), RAID 0 (FAST), BIG, and JBOD for different use cases.
Installing and maintaining the MB662U3-2S requires no extra tools, as everything you will need is included. The ICYRaid uses our convenient tray-less design to simply make any install a seamless transition to getting your configuration started. Once you have your hard drives ready, simply open each door, slide in your hard drives, and select the RAID setting you like. After that, turning on the device will automatically start the RAID process on its own. If a failure of a drive occurs, easy to read front LED indicators will indicate when a drive is ejected, accessed, or has failed. The ICYRaid MB662U3-2S adds two convenient features, LED and power control. The front LED indicators can be disabled when needed. This is perfect for people who set the enclosure in their bedroom and prefer turn the LED off at night. The second feature is the power saving mode that follows your systems behavior. When your system is powered off or put to sleep, the ICYRaid will activate its sleep mode to conserve power. Both these functions can be changed via dip switches on the rear panel.