- Achieve increased capacity
- Ensure optimal data security
- Support IBM® Spectrum Archive™
- Meet stringent Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Ultrium Generation 7 specifications
- Choose between rewritable and write-once-read-many (WORM) models
- Use custom, blank and RFID-embedded cartridge labels
With volumes of data growing exponentially—and no end in sight—the IBM LTO Ultrium 7 data cartridge is designed to help organizations protect and preserve more data for longer periods of time. This latest generation of the IBM solution offers more than double the storage capacity of previous generations for long-term data preservation that provides security as it sustains rapid, reliable access to data and helps ensure business resilience.
Rapid data growth compounds the need for increased storage capacity. The seventh generation of LTO Ultrium tape media delivers 6 TB native capacity and up to 15 TB of compressed capacity for significantly greater efficiency and performance. This exceptional capacity helps reduce the number of cartridges and the amount of equipment, space and labor associated with tape-based data storage.